Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
19706630

I need someone to look at my tooth because is really painful

Customer Question

Hello I need someone to look at my tooth because is really painful I've been like this for weeks and I'm taking paracetamol and is not doing anything and I try to find a emergency dentist but is very busy. I need someone to look at.
JA: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?
Customer: No it's normal. Years ago and I have on the other side one of my tooth is broken and is lose.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I had an operation in my mouth because I had an accident.
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 10 days ago.
Hi. I’m Dr. Mark. I’m a board certified physician and happy to assist you. Sorry that you have a toothache. Give me a few minutes to respond.
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 10 days ago.

Just Answer is for information.  Sorry but we don’t have the ability to make appointments.  We are not affiliated with the nhs.  Here’s the NHS emergency dental site. https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/dentists/how-can-i-access-an-nhs-dentist-in-an-emergency-or-out-of-hours/

This explains how to find an emergency appointment.  Another option is to go private.  https://www.bupa.co.uk/dental/dental-care/services/emergency

Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 10 days ago.

In the meantime I’d ice the jaw where the pain is and take ibuprofen 600mg every six hours along with the paracetamol.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 10 days ago.

You’re welcome.  Feel better.  Let me know if you have any additional questions.