Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

My one and a half year old daughter has something stuck

Customer Question

my one and a half year old daughter has something stuck between the gum and the tooth, it looks like a piece of metal
JA: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?
Customer: No swelling, newer was visiting dentist yet
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no nothing, thanks
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 15 days ago.

Hello, I am Dr. Nickols M. It's a pleasure to attend to your question.

Can you send me a picture?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Unfortunately I can’t make a picture, she not allowed me to do it

Does she take any medication regularly?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No

How long has she had that?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I think 1,5 week , I had conversation with 111 member , and lady said that if she is no in critical condition then they can’t do anything.
The main point is that gum start covering this metal , so how I can get help ??

please give me a moment

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 15 days ago.

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to serve you I want to tell you that obviously you have to perform a physical examination from the dental point of view to know what is happening in the teeth of your daughter, you have to take into account that one of the ways in which there is a dark spot on a tooth is the presence of a cavity which is nothing more than an initial bacterial or infectious process due to inadequate hygiene of the teeth, since in general the consumption of sugar in children very quickly corrodes the superficial and periapical layer of the teeth, which is what defends the teeth from external agents or bacteria, when this surface layer is lost it allows the entrance of microorganisms that generate infectious conditions such as caries, but as the member of the 111 indicated to you, you have to take into account that if there is no fever, general malaise, decay of the general state or any general malaise, general malaise, general decline or any symptom of generalized decompensation in your daughter you have nothing to worry about what you do have to keep in mind that for now should maintain plenty of hydration and try to reduce the consumption of chemical soft drinks, chemical foods and foods with high sugar content as it can be counterproductive for such situations.