Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

I've got diarrhea since the last 3 days with abnormal pain

Customer Question

Hi I've got diarrhea since the last 3 days with abnormal pain comes and goes
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Since the last 3 days
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I've just came back from aboard and I been taking imodium
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I am Dr. Nickols M. It's a pleasure to attend to your question

In which area of the following image do you feel the pain?

Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 16 days ago.

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to serve you, I want to tell you that it is very likely that you are experiencing food poisoning, it is probably some food that produced this reaction at the gastrointestinal level, you should keep in mind that every diarrheal episode is a defense mechanism against aggressors that come from food in poor condition or poorly sanitized, is for this reason that loperamide is not a good option because you are stopping the body's defense mechanism to expel all the toxins from the gastrointestinal tract and in any case the recommendation is to start with stabilizers of the bacterial flora how enterogermina every 8 hours for 5 days accompanied by hyoscine every 8 hours for one or two days for pain both drugs will help to stop the symptoms and also to improve the situation in general taking into account that it is essential to maintain an abundant hydration of at least 4 liters of water per day since this type of situations can produce important decompensations due to dehydration, generally oral rehydration salts are recommended, which adequately replenish electrolytes such as sodium, potassium and chlorine, which provide the necessary nutrients for the treatment, potassium and chlorine that provide essential functions in our organism.