Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

I took provera 10 mg to delay my periods. It didnot work.

Customer Question

i took provera 10 mg to delay my periods. It didnot work. instead i have bleeding for 8 days now
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: No pain. My periods are regulat 30 days cycle. It stays for 4 to 5 days
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I need to stop bleed immediately because i am on pligrimalge need to go back on wed. i cannot perform rituals with bleeding
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 7 days ago.

Hello, I am Dr. Nickols M. It's a pleasure to attend to your question.

Can you tell me your age?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
32
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
i am 32 years old

Do you take any other medication regularly?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
no

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to serve you; I want to tell you that you should stop using Provera as soon as possible. Unfortunately, this is one of the adverse rations that is why delaying menstruation is a practice in disuse because it is unnatural and can trigger situations like those you are experiencing right now; you should stop using it for at least one or two weeks and have complete pharmacological rest in case that after 15 days you do not have a response it may be necessary to start treatment with specific contraceptive methods with combinations such as levonorgestrel and ethinylestradiol every eight hours for seven days to restart your menstrual cycle and make you typically bleed again. Still, you must have a pharmacological rest of at least one or two weeks.