Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

Is it true that if female fertility is weak, that

Is it true that if female fertility is weak, that acupuncture helps the most from most other natural treatments?

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer,

I will be happy to assist you today.

I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly.

I will be happy to assist you today.

I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms.

Please let me know about the following and I will do my best to help you.

May I know your age?

Female infertility may be due to many causes. You are comparing or discussing which one of the following

Ovarian cause

Tubal cause

Uterine cervical cause

Or many others like late age? Comorbidities?

Any other past illness? Hypertension? DM?

Are you on any regular medicine?

Thank you for your patience.

I'm sorry you are worried about this.

Without the information I requested, I can only give a general answer, but I hope it helps.

There is no good evidence to prove that acupuncture helps in improving fertility.

But, some recent research has shown that it may help improve outcomes in IVF.

An unpublished study of 160 couples at London's Homerton Hospital reported that women who had four acupuncture sessions during their treatment cycle achieved a 46.2% pregnancy rate, compared with 21.7% among women who had not had acupuncture.

The findings were presented at the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology in July 2016.

It has been shown that acupuncture can help lower stress, and anxiety and this helps.

Which, during fertility treatment, is high.

By decreasing stress and anxiety it can indirectly help with fertility problems.

This is not statistically significant and hence not worth the cost or advisable.

Please let me know if this was helpful.

In case you require any further assistance, do not hesitate to contact me. I am happy to help!

Wishing you the very best in life.

Thank you for the opportunity to help.

My goal is to provide you with an excellent service.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I'm 41, single, I have regular periods and ususlly don't get period pains, just some strain. I have not had a fertility test as I'm not married, however I did a NHS Pelvic scan once and they said I had alot of gas and they couldnt see well my ovaries due to alot of gas creating visability issues. I am. Concerned about fertility due to age and thinking about to best prepare my body for perhaps Embryo and egg freezing using sperm doner

Thank you for your reply.

I understand your concern.

Egg freezing requires you to take ovarian stimulation medications and undergo an outpatient egg retrieval procedure. We use vitrification (a particular type of flash freezing) to freeze your eggs before storing them for your future use.

Embryo freezing involves the same steps as egg freezing.

However, instead of freezing the eggs, we will fertilize them with sperm from a sperm donor.

Then freeze and store your embryos to use for future pregnancy attempts.

When you are ready to conceive using your frozen reproductive materials, we’ll thaw them and then work with you to help with pregnancy.

The embryo can also be implanted in the uterus of another person to carry the pregnancy (gestational carrier).

If you use your frozen eggs to have a child, the risk of miscarriage will be primarily based on your age at the time your eggs were frozen.

My advice is to decide soon as at 41 years, your chance of a successful outcome is fair. Any more delays will lower the success rate.

Older women have higher miscarriage rates, mainly due to having older eggs, therefore do not delay further.

The older you are at the time of egg freezing, the lower the likelihood that you'll have a live birth in the future.

Research to date hasn't shown an increase in the risk of birth defects for babies born as a result of egg freezing.

I sincerely ***** ***** was helpful.

It was a pleasure to assist you.

Regards.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Another GP responded to me on another question and said that at 41, there is no point in me freezing my eggs or Embryo. She said it was going be a huge waste of money but she's just being honest. Whilst that wasn't nice to hear, but if it's more the truth then I'd want to just know the truth too
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I feel hope that medicine advances too and things could be much more positive as time goes on too with new inventions etc
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Meanwhile, my GP said whilst she can't give me a fertility test on the NHS as I'm over 40, but she can give me a blood test and check my hormones and FSH. I will have the FSH test tomorrow and that's 3 days after my period ended. I read the FSH is useful when done during the period so I don't know how useful this FSH tomorrow will be?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Also the GP referred me for a Pelvic scan but we don't know how long it will take to get an appointment on the NHS. She wasnt sure if the NHS Pelvic scan is as detailed as the private clinics scans? So I'm not sure if I should pay for the private clinics pelvic scan at this stage too? Or if the NHS ones will eb sufficient?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The AMH test I was told I have to do privately so I've booked that with a private clinic for next week so I hoping (even if I don't have the pelvic scan results at the same time) but that the FSH, hormones and AMH results can give a good indication as to my Fertility status or how much time I have to get pregnant? Or what options are good for me and which are not?The other concern I have is what tests can indicate the quality of my eggs? Or how else can I get any information on the egg quality?

Kindly open a new thread for other questions.

These questions are not related to your original question.

I have answered many questions on this thread.

Kindly mention "Dr RAVOOF ONLY" in your question line.