Dr Hayat
Dr Hayat, Specialty Dr Internal and Critical Care Medicine
Experience:  Expert
113699036

Dear Pearl I have a 1 day history of pain swelling and loss

Dear Pearl I have a 1 day history of pain swelling and loss of weight bearing function affecting my right foot . This occurred during during walking on hard ground. I strongly suspect that this is a recurrent march fracture- I had a similar experience 10 year ago when i had a diagnosed and treated march fracture affecting my left foot.
JA: Have you used any medication for the loss of weight?
Customer: paracetamol for pain and loss of function/weightbearing. By the way I do have a little medical insight since I am a retired doctor.
JA: Got it. Have you used anything besides paracetamol for this?
Customer: no
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have multiple coexistant morbidities including depression probable adult autism prolapsed lumbar disc and diverticular disease and am on multiple medication including sertraline.
Hi. Dr Hayat here.  Welcome to JA

Is there any swelling ? Tenderness?

Where about is the pain exactly in the foot?

I might not be able to take a phone call at the moment but happy to chat
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Dear Dr Hayatt there is swelling localised tenderness and pain over the 2-3 right metatarsal area of foot.

Did you get an xray ?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
no xray as yet and anyway xray may well miss presence of early stress fracture
Sure it can but it can be a gross fracture too..I would suggest to get an xray first..

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I originally tried to contact 111 but was unsuccessful and was advised to use this site .I came for advise/referral for treatment but this has not been provided. I live on my own now have difficulty walking and do not wish to turn up to A&E wait hours and then been sent away in humiliation
Unfortunately we don't do referrals.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
please reply or should contact 111 again.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
fine- thank you.
the way forward here is an xray...and if it's negative and the suspicion still high then an mri or a plaster boot..

Anything else I can help with?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
nothing alas
Best wishes.  Please feel free to contact if you have any further queries or need to follow up . I would be happy to help and guide. Have a nice day
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
i accepted an offer of a phone call but on reflection i feel that unfortunately the best way forward in view of the circumstances is to sort the problem/situation out myself - I appreciate Dr Hyatt but I now feel a phone call would be of no benefit for me and a waste of time for him.I alas say this as a retired doctor.
I'm really sorry. This site has its limitations.