Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I'm visiting from U.S. and have a bladder infection. My

Customer Question

I'm visiting from U.S. and have a bladder infection. My doctor in America has prescribed Azithromycin for me months ago. Can I get a prescription from you for a bladder infection? I'm registered at Tanworth in Ardin surgery but they are booked up today.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I only take a thyroid pill in the mornings. I have no other medications I take.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No. I just need help with this bladder infection
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 16 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

I am reviewing your question and will be back with my response shortly.

I am afraid Just Answer is a medical information site only and we do not provide prescriptions or medicines.

Sorry I could not help you with this but JA is not the appropriate site for your request.

I can however provide you with medical information and advise on how to deal with this.

You have to wait for your doctor's appointment to get antibiotics. However, till then you can try this home treatment and OTC medicines which will help you:

You can try with some home and OTC treatment:

Take lots of water and fluids - this is virtually the most important step in home treatment.

Cranberry juice - this is known to be very useful in UTI

Urine alkalisers - Bicitra, Citrolith,Oracit,Polycitra-K, Uristat tablet, Cystopurin, Effercitrate - you can get this OTC at pharmacies, use this.

Try these steps for a week, this should give you relief.

If it persists, then show a doctor personally and get checked up. You also have to be checked up if you develop fever or blood in the urine.

Dont worry, this can be treated easily - show a doctor if necessary- be safe.

Hope this resolves your query. If you need more help, just write back here so l can continue to assist. Stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti