Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I have what looks like lingual papillitis and when I was

Customer Question

I have what looks like lingual papillitis and when I was drunk last night I stupidly sprayed it with a Deoderant can to try and numb the pain as it really hurt. This morning the end of my tongue is still relatively numb and there's like a blister there
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 14 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

I am reviewing your question and will be back with my response shortly.

You have burnt the skin with the deodorant. Dont worry this will heal. You should apply Orajel ointment. Try to avoid rubbing against your teeth. It will heal but can take upto a week. No major problems are expected from this.

Hope this resolves your query. If you need more help, just write back here so l can continue to assist. Stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Okay thank you! Should I be worried its still numb?

Not at all, thats natural since you burned that part. The sensation will come back eventually.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Okay thanks so much!
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 13 days ago.

Glad to help.

Wish you best of health and a quick recovery. I would like to know of your progress, please keep me informed on this thread if possible.

If you require help again, you can always come back to the JA site and ask your question. If you want me as your expert in the future, you can mark me as 'Favourite Expert' and use the “Ask me a new question” feature.

A bonus is always welcome!!