Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I've called my GP to try and get my thyroid levels checked

Customer Question

Hi there I've called my GP to try and get my thyroid levels checked because currently I'm suffering from all the symptoms of under active thyroid and I'm currently suffering chest pains but my GP told me to call tomorrow morning
JA: When was the last time you had your levels checked? Have you noticed any weight loss or weight gain?
Customer: I've never had them checked and yes I am over weight
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes I'm asthmatic and suffer with eczema
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 16 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

I am reviewing your question and will be back with my response shortly.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

What is your question? How can I help you?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No thanks

Please dont worry about the call request, it is generated automatically by the website, not by me. I will help you through text.

I am afraid I dont really see what your question is here. Do you want to know about the symptoms of hypothyroidism?

Diagnosis of hypothyroidism is often complicated.

The optimum level for TSH for a diagnosis for hypothyroidism was initially considered as 5 for a long time, but it has now been changed to 3, that is, at levels of 3, a patient is called Hypothyroid.

But you will be interested to know that the optimum level of TSH is 1 to 2, and a large number of people feel the symptoms of hypothyroidism at above 2, although in medical terms the patient is within the normal range.

One reason for this according to some research is the absence of T3 in synthyroid, and many doctors are now recommending the addition of T3 such as Thylorar.

Hence you should discus this with your doctor, whether you need to use T3 in addition like Thyrolar, and also whether your TSH should be kept within 1 to 2.

Since you are having all the symptoms of hypothyrodism, you can try food supplements and natural therapies. The Supplements advisable are Vit. B and high doses of Vit. C. Also foods containing iodone, selenium, etc.

Hope this resolves your query. If you need more help, just write back here so l can continue to assist. Stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti