How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. P. Jyoti Your Own Question
Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 17952
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. P. Jyoti is online now

The last few days I feel something different with my

Customer Question

Hi, the last few days I feel something different with my reproductive organ. I think I might have a paraphimosis. Are there any ways I can get any medication ?
JA: Have you used this medication or anything similar before?
Customer: not yet
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about this?
Customer: Should I visit a doctor ? Because I’m planning to make an appointment, but I don’t know which doctor should I visit regarding my problem
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I think no
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 16 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

I am reviewing your question and will be back with my response shortly.

Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 16 days ago.

Ca you describe what exactly is your problem in your genitals?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I am uncircumcised, and the last few days there are something different with the foreskin of my genitals. I think I pulled the foreskin too hard, now it stuck and can’t go back to normal position on the tip of my genitals. I searched about it and I think it’s called Paraphimosis. What should I do then ?
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 16 days ago.

This is something for which you need to go to the ER.

You are having  paraphimosis.

This is when the foreskin remains in a retracted position and cannot be pulled back over the glans penis.

It causes constriction of blood flow to the glans which swells up.

This is something which must be treated urgently as blood flow is restricted.

You have to go to the ER immediately or you will have very severe pain with possible damage to the glans penis.

For now, you should take the following steps:

Ice: apply ice to the area of the foreskin, not the glans. Take an icecube in a handkerchief and apply it. But dont apply for too long.

Bandage: apply a firm bandage which is not too tight on the foreskin. It should not be too tight.

These two steps will help till you get to the ER.

But you should go ASAP.

Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 16 days ago.

Hope this resolves your query. If you need more help, just write back here so l can continue to assist. Stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Do you know what kind of doctor should I visit ? Can I visit just a normal gp appointment ?
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 16 days ago.

You can go to a normal GP. But if there is any pain it is best to go to the hospital, to the emergency, for this.