Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBChB
111381268

I have had an std for over a year i'm scared i won't be able

Customer Question

i have had an std for over a year i'm scared i won't be able to have children anymore
JA: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 16 days ago.

Good afternoon, thank you for getting in touch. Could you tell me a little more about what you'd like to discuss? I may take a few minutes to reply as dealing with other patients too, thank you

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been facing. Having an untreated STI for a long period can affect fertility but not always so try to remain calm. The first thing to do would be to seek an assessment from the sexual health clinic, they can treat any STI that may be present and can also take blood tests and organise a scan for you to see if your fertility would have been affected or not. In most cases it isn't but if you do the above steps you'll get treated and know for sure.

I really hope that was helpful and you feel better for it. Please do come back if you've other questions anytime and all the very best for the future.