Dr. Ben
Dr. Ben, Doctor
Experience:  GP Partner, practicing Medicine for 14 years. I have broad experience with special interests in Dermatology, Paediatrics, Sexual Health and Oncology.
105673646

Sore right side near ovary, possible ovarian cyst, 2 weeks,

Sore right side near ovary, possible ovarian cyst
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: 2 weeks, holding area in helps slightly, moving makes it worse but other than that its getting worse with pain by just sitting
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: diagnosed pcos and endometriosis. Awaiting scan but very sore in meantime
Hello, thank you for trusting JustAnswer with your question. I’m Dr. Ben and I’m here to assist you today. Please allow me a few moments to review your question and I’ll be right back.

I’m sorry to hear about this problem.

Is there anything in particular you would like to ask me?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
The pain is to the point im struggling to walk and move my right leg without pain, im also passing what seems to be like a period but very dark brownish blood. Ive had dihydracodeine but with no help, just a bit stuck on what to do
I understand and I’m sorry your having significant pain.

Do you have any other medications available to take?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have gabapentin there but its previously had no help, theres not much painkillers that do help. Im just worried incase a cyst has ruptured as ive had that before and it feels similiar

If you can tolerate Ibuprofen okay, then this can be helpful. However, I expect higher doses will be needed i.e. 800mg up to three times per day (max 2.4g in 24hr).

If the symptoms are severe and/or you feel generally unwell then consider attending A&E and I’m sure they will be able to help.