Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

Concerned about cellulitus lower left leg, This is a term

Customer Question

Concerned about cellulitus lower left leg
JA: What are all your symptoms? Are you taking any medication?
Customer: This is a long term problem but today more concerned and no medication taken for this problem
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about this?
Customer: over the last few year yes and been hospitalised twice with sepsis
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: nothing that he does not know or suspect but only seen a doctor one or twice in recent years
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 6 days ago.

Hello, I am Dr. Nickols M. It's a pleasure to attend to your question.

Can you send me a pciture?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I can send images good idea

The system will offer you a premium service call which has an additional charge to the initial cost of the consultation, but it is not necessary. We can continue through this chat without any problem.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Taken just now

Do you take any medication regularly?

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to be able to assist you at this time, valuing your intervention, I want to tell you that this type of situation should be assessed by your doctor in person to perform certain tests and very specific studies that will help us determine what type of microorganism is causing this situation, your doctor can study the possibility of performing a blood culture, this is what is commonly known as a blood culture, to be able to determine if this bacterium has reached the bloodstream, predisposing to more serious infections, such as this sepsis that you suffered some time ago. After this, not only will it be possible to know what type of micro-organism is causing this situation, but also to which antibiotic this micro-organism is sensitive, in order to be able to choose the most specific antibiotic treatment, Nevertheless, it is recommended to keep the leg elevated to improve the distribution of fluids and reduce oedema, apply cold compresses to reduce inflammation and take powerful painkillers such as ibuprofen every 8 hours for two or three days while you go to see your doctor who, after indicating these studies, can surely start empirical antibiotic treatment such as ciprofloxacin in combination with clindamycin, antibiotic schemes that have a broad spectrum and effect on the skin and soft tissue region, these antibiotics require a medical prescription and strict medical supervision, for this reason you should see your doctor, in the meantime with the recommendations I provided you should improve partially.