Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBChB
111381268

I would like to register for a GP because I have problems

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I would like to register for a GP because I have problems with my tonsils and I would like to have surgery.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have not seen any doctor because I am not registered with a GP, I am not taking any medication.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: No, i'm not allergic
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: NO
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 9 days ago.

Good afternoon, thank you for getting in touch. Could you tell me a little more about what you'd like to discuss? I may take a few minutes to reply as dealing with other patients too, thank you

I'm very sorry to hear about what's been troubling you. You're not currently registered with a GP is that correct?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.

I see, thank you. May I ask are you a UK national?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No, i stay in Aberdeen but i'm from Romania.

Ok thank you. I ask because the process is different if from outside of the EU. So all you need to do is to visit your local GP practice which you can find on Google maps and they will give you a form for registration with the GP. It usually then takes a little while for them to complete your registration and get you an NHS number, then you can see the GP free of charge and get whatever treatment or referral that you need.