Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

I’m looking for some advice, I just don’t feel right in

Customer Question

I’m looking for some advice, I just don’t feel right in myself lately, my mood is so low but I have no reason for it too be, I constantly feel exhausted but I can’t sleep, and my period has been really irregular the last few months when it’s never been like this - I dont go to the doctors for anything, my general health is fine but I just feel like too many things don’t feel right now that I want to get some advice on what to do
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: No pain, just discomfort sometimes in my stomach- similar to cramps, I’m 10 days late on my period this time and the last time I had mt period it was on and off for 2 weeks- Iv taken a pregnancy test and it’s come back negative I also have the coil
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no I don’t think so, my eating habbits have also changed a bit where some days it feels like I can’t control how much I eat, other days are normal though
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 9 days ago.
Thank you for contacting Just Answer
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 9 days ago.

I am sorry to hear, given your symptoms it is possible to be depressed and this causes physical symptoms including impacting your period, but it could be an underlying cause is responsible for the problem. For example hypothyroidism , oestrogen deficiency, B12 deficiency, Iron deficiency etc.

I would therefore suggest you see a doctor for a system examination to establish if this is normal and a blood test to look for a possible underlying cause to your symptoms.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok thank you, I’ll contact my local GP and try and get some bloods done- I just didn’t want to contact them and waste their time, thanks for the advice x
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 9 days ago.

Thank you. You wouldn’t be wasting their time at all, important to try and improve this