Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

Term breathing issues, probs anxiety. Today feels like I

Customer Question

Long term breathing issues, probs anxiety. Today feels like I cannot keep eyes open and worried I have a stroke or myasthenia and will just suddenly stop breathing
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
File attached (MZM16G5)
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 16 days ago.
Thank you for contacting Just Answer
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I also have a pitting edema in both my legs and have such severe anxiety I have been sitting outside a minor injuries unit for the last month day and night to the point that they refuse to see me now
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 16 days ago.

I am sorry to hear of your anxiety. Myasthenia is progressive and will worsen with use. A stroke would be unilateral. Myasthenia also would present as a one off and would be a progressive problem over months.

Fatigue will make it harder to open your eyes.

As a problem today I would suggest this is nothing more than fatigue

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Here is a little video of how I have to breath, which is never something I feel I can do automatically and always have to force it
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
File attached (ZST7Q52)
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I am sort of convinced that my breathing issues etc are progressively getting worse and that I am going to suddenly have a myasthenic crisis and die
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 16 days ago.
I have really don’t think that is what is going on. I suspect your issue is just secondary to health anxiety
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
What did the video look like?
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 16 days ago.

Nothing. It doesn’t demonstrate a breathing problem

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
What about the fact j have to breathe manually and that k have edema in my legs that actually causes calf pain?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I am only 24?
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 15 days ago.

Breathing manually implies you are making the conscious effort to do this, you do not need to

Expert:  Dr Baker replied 15 days ago.

If you have leg swelling then that is very likely to be unrelated but should see your doctor about it unless you have already