Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

After my Hpylori treatment back in November I still have

Customer Question

After my Hpylori treatment back in November I still have indigestion and abdominal pain also gas at times I have did a re test for my stool to check for infection but it was clear. I also have constipation and I see white bits in my stool sometimes what is it?
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 9 days ago.

Hello, I am Dr. Nickols M. It's a pleasure to attend to your question.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi Dr and thank you!

can you tell me your age?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am 22 years old

do you take any medication regularly?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I do take gaviscon or ppi at times
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I did take my iron tablet yesterday as I am anaemic but hardly have them

In which area of the following image do you feel the pain?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I forgot to mention I do have bloating too
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
can this be SIBO?

Does this pain get worse with any movement?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
number 2 I have pain around there
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
it did before when I moved but not now its gone since a few months

ok, please give me a moment

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
thanks

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to serve you; I am very sorry for the health situation you have been experiencing with everything you tell me; I want to tell you that the residual symptoms of Helicobacter pylori infection are usually prolonged so you have to have a little patience because you have to continue with the gastric protector that can be omeprazole, lansoprazole or pantoprazole according to your doctor's indications and criteria. It is also essential to consider the consultation with a specialist in nutrition and dietetics to adopt a specific dietary regimen for your particular case and to maintain perfect hydration of at least 3 to 4 liters of water per day to improve the distribution of fluids in the body, sometimes the presence of meteorism or abundant gases inside the intestine can generate this type of situation. You may need specific antifoaming medications such as simethicone every 8 hours for five days which will help avoid the formation of so many gases inside the intestine, together with trimebutine every 12 hours for a week, which will help to eliminate gases more easily. Finally, I want to tell you that this change in stool coloration should be studied through a stool analysis or a stool culture to rule out the possibility of parasitosis or the presence of parasites in the gastrointestinal tract that may be contributing to this situation. I would like you to keep me updated on your health situation; I will be happy to assist you and guide you in any way I can.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
thank you so much! I will update soon

you are welcome, Is there anything else I can help you with?