Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

I think I’ve got tonsillitis and I’ve got no time to go to

Customer Question

I think I’ve got tonsillitis and I’ve got no time to go to the doctor as i’m prepping for a mental film shoot. Can I get an online consultation and prescription for antibiotics ?
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Contraception no
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Can you help with this please
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I am Dr. Nickols M. It's a pleasure to attend to your question.

Can you tell me your age ?

The system will offer you a premium service call which has an additional charge to the initial cost of the consultation, but it is not necessary. We can continue through this chat without any problem.

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to serve you, valuing your intervention I want to tell you that this type of situation in most of the time is usually of viral origin so you do not require antibiotic treatment, This means that with symptomatic treatment with ibuprofen every 8 hours, vitamin supplements based on vitamin C in effervescent tablets, one tablet daily for a month to strengthen the immune system and abundant hydration of at least 3 to 4 liters of water per day will be very useful to improve the distribution of fluids in the body and improve this situation satisfactorily, remember that when the problem is of viral origin it reverts by itself without the need of any type of treatment, but in case of not improving it is essential that you study the possibility of going to the doctor because it may be necessary to administer antibiotics after a thorough physical examination to help us rule out specific signs such as the presence of plaques of pus in the tonsils, adenomegaly or enlargement of the submaxillary and cervical lymph nodes and a blood test can help us confirm the presence of a bacterial infectious process in the throat that requires antibiotic treatment.