How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Shahid Karim Your Own Question
Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 1865
Experience:  MBChB
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Shahid Karim is online now

I have top toothace which is restricting me from sleep and

Customer Question

I have top toothace which is restricting me from sleep and eating. I can only drink water
JA: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?
Customer: Yes. Years ago
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I dont have a phone
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I am Dr. Nickols M. It's a pleasure to attend to your question

Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 16 days ago.

Good afternoon, thank you for getting in touch. Could you tell me a little more about what you'd like to discuss? I may take a few minutes to reply as dealing with other patients too, thank you

Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 16 days ago.

I'm really sorry to hear about what's gone on. I would advise you to start taking regular paracetamol and ibuprofen alongside salt water mouth rinses twice a day and use of Corsodyl antiseptic mouthwash which you can buy from any pharmacy twice a day as well. This will certainly help and should tide you over until you can get in to see your dentist. I really hope that helps and that you feel better soon.