Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBChB
111381268

I have a UTI and I am after some antibiotics, no I haven’t

Customer Question

I have a UTI and I am after some antibiotics
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: no I haven’t and just paracetamol
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No that’s everything
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 14 days ago.

Good evening, thank you for getting in touch. Could you tell me a little more about what you'd like to discuss? I may take a few minutes to reply as dealing with other patients too, thank you

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have a lower pain in my tummy, back pain and going to the toilet a lot more than normal and my urine has a strong smell.

I'm very sorry to hear about what's been troubling you. I agree, it may well be a urinary infection. I'd advise you to contact your GP tomorrow if possible and ask to give a urine sample and ideally, they should examine you in person too ideally to look for alternative causes. They may then choose to give you antibiotics and in 48 hours or so would have the results of the urine analysis back detailing which bacterium if any is present and whether the antibiotics given are the right choice. I'm really sorry to say we aren't permitted to prescribe from this service and if you can't get to the GP tomorrow, I'd advise you to either visit your local walk-in centre which doesn't need an appointment and they can give you a prescription or alternatively you could try one of the online services that is able to prescribe after a brief consultation such as pushdoctor.co.uk

In the meantime, make sure to drink plenty of fluids to help flush it through. I really hope that was helpful and you feel better for it. Please do come back if you've other questions anytime and all the very best for the future.