Dr. Ben
Dr. Ben, Doctor
Experience:  GP Partner, practicing Medicine for 14 years. I have broad experience with special interests in Dermatology, Paediatrics, Sexual Health and Oncology.
105673646

I delivered through Caesarian section 4 days ago and would

I delivered through Caesarian section 4 days ago and would like to know which antibiotics that will fasten the healing process of my cut and any vitamins to be taken (if recommended)
Hello, thank you for trusting JustAnswer with your question. I’m Dr. Ben and I’m here to assist you today. Please allow me a few moments to review your question and I’ll be right back.

I hope you and your baby are feeling well.

I wouldn’t recommend taking antibiotics routinely to hasten wound healing unless there is evidence of a wound infection. Antibiotics will not be helpful in this circumstance and will cause damage to your gut microbiome regardless (and most will be present in breast milk too, relevant if you are breastfeeding) which is detrimental for health and your recovery.

Taking a regular multivitamin will be helpful to support your recovery. The prenatal formulations are appropriate for the postnatal period as well e.g Centrum Prenatal +DHA, however if you are breastfeeding I would suggest a specific lactation formulation (as there is a higher requirement for some ingredients such as Choline).

I hope this is helpful.

Is there anything else you would like to ask me?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Kindly give me the recommended multivitamin that I can take
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
The name so I can go get it from the pharmacy

Certainly. May I ask if you are breastfeeding?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
am breastfeeding
Customer: replied 6 days ago.

Sorry, there was a delay on the site. Back working now.

I would suggest a product such as New Chapter - Perfect Postnatal (lactation supplement).

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Okay
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Will it support my recovery?

Yes, it will also support your recovery

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Will give you all stars

Much appreciated, you are most kind.

I wish you and your family all the very best.