Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

My 4 year old Daughter has a small scar underneath her eye.

My 4 year old Daughter has a small scar underneath her eye. It has failed to heal completely after 7 months possibly because eyes are always opening and closing and that piece of skin moves with that action and I have regularly used various products on it which have been recommended to meMy question is I would really like to fix this so as it is completely unnoticeable could you suggest how I do this?

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr K. I have over 25 years of clinical experience and look forward to answering your question. i may need more information from you, so I may ask for that. My goal is to provide a complete answer to your question and to be sure you are satisfied with that answer.

I am sorry that you are having this problem but will do my best to assist you and answer your questions.   You don’t.   I’m sorry to be blunt.

First off, the scar is not completely remodeled for a year.   Second, as she grows it will become less noticeable.   What you are asking about is plastic surgery.  That would not be done until she is much older.   I’m really sorry.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thanks so much for your answer and much appreciated

Sure, I am sure thats hard to hear.  I remember as a young mom, always wanting to protect my kids and never wanting them to get hurt.  All 3 ended up at some point with stitches on their faces.    None are noticeable now.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
That is such a relief to hear and a great success story for both yours as well. Thansk
I do remember how awful I felt.     Hang in there.   Thank you for trusting Just Answer. I would be pleased to assist you with a future question. You can request me by tagging me in your question or adding me to your favorites.
Rqs

Thank you for trusting Just Answer. I would be pleased to assist you with a future question. You can request me by tagging me in your question or adding me to your favorites.