How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Melissa Everett Your Own Question
Melissa Everett
Melissa Everett,
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 95
Experience:  Salaried GP at Chirk Surgery
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Melissa Everett is online now

1 of my original ear peircing has gone too from wearing

This answer was rated:

1 of my original ear peircing has gone too long from wearing heavy earrings. This makes 1 side look noticeably longer when I wear earrings. How can I have the long hole closed so I can peirce them again? And can this be done on the NHS? If not, how much does this minor procedure cost if u go private? It's just 1 eat which needs it not both. Thank you

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Doctor Melissa and I hope I can help you with your question.

I'm sorry you're experiencing this and it's affecting you.

Unfortunately as this is cosmetic it isn't something that can be done on the NHS.

Depending on how big the hole is, you would need either fillers, if it's only a little stretched, or surgery if it's more stretched. This would be best done by a plastic surgeon.

Privately the prices will vary depending on the location. In London it seems to be about £850
Actually, I’ve just found it for £470 for the procedure, plus £100 for the initial consultation, this is also London
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Photo of my ear, it's the 1st hole at the bottom which looks like a line
I see. I suspect this will need surgery rather than fillers. But worth asking the specialist when you see them.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
OK.. But can I ask the GP if this can be done on the NHS?
You can ask, but I’m pretty sure the answer will be no. It’s a cosmetic rather than health problem, so won’t be covered on the NHS
This article is American, but talks through the options nicely.,
Is there anything else you want to ask, or anything you’d like me to clarify?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The 470 option, which clinic was that please?
You may find it cheaper, it might be worth shopping around some more. Are you in London??
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ah OK, I just had a look at that link, the photos with before/after had splits alot bigger than mine, I might ask them as mine is more minor perhaps they could do it cheaper, worth asking. Yes I will have a look around as I do wonder for such things is it cheaper to travel just outside of London to have it done and save a few bob?
Absolutely. Good luck. Is there anything else I can help you with?
This is in Leicester, it’s closed just now, but looks like it’s reopening soon, and it’s much cheaper (£310)
I hope I’ve helped to answer your question. Please let me know if there’s anything you’d like me to clarify. Good luck.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
That's awesome, thank you so much!
You’re very welcome. Take care
Melissa Everett and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you so much for the positive rating. I’m glad I could help. If you need anything in the future, feel free to reach out to me directly, you can save me in your favourite experts, if you like, and if I can help, I will.