Melissa Everett
Melissa Everett,
Experience:  Salaried GP at Chirk Surgery
114967505

Is it safe to get lip implants and easy to dissolve if they

Is it safe to get lip implants and easy to dissolve if they are not what i want anymore?
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I’m Doctor Melissa and I hope I can help you with your question.
Lip implants are usually plastic implants that help plump the lips. They won’t dissolve and are permanent. You can also get a tissue or fat implant, but these would also be permanent.
If you want something temporary, to see if you liked it, then maybe fillers would be a better option. These are where a substance is injected into the lips, to restore or add volume to the lips, they tend to last 12-18 months
Lip implants are generally safe.
I hope this has helped. Please let me know if you need any more information, or want me to clarify anything. Thanks
Fillers are dissolvable, if you don’t like them.
Here’s some information about lip fillershttps://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/treatments/22133-lip-fillers
about implants
https://www.healthline.com/health/lip-implants#about
I hope this helps and has answered your question.
Please let me know if you want to ask anything else, or if you’d like me to clarify anything.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Sorry I meant lip fillers not implants! I mean are lip fillers really dissolvable or without alot of pain when doing so as I've seen some reviews which said that it was incredibly painful to have them dissolved...thia is what scares me from doing them...
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
As in the pain aspect of dissolving
Hi, I’m sorry it’s taken so long to reply. Having fillers dissolved shouldn’t be any more painful than having them put in. There can be a sting when the needle and substance is injected. You can have a local anaesthetic (usually a numbing cream) which can help.
My best advice though, if you do want them is to insure you see a qualified and reputable doctor, and discuss what you want and they can offer. Make sure you both understand what the desired outcome is, and the chance of you needing it dissolved will be much smaller. Look at reviews, or recommendations, don’t go with the cheapest.Let me know if there’s anything else you need to ask, or anything you want me to clarify.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
OK thank you x
You’re very welcome.