Dr Hayat
Dr Hayat, Specialty Dr Internal and Critical Care Medicine
Experience:  Expert
113699036

If a woman's period only lasts 3.5 days, and it has always

If a woman's period only lasts 3.5 days, and it has always like this, and she has regular periods, based on the 3.5 duration (instead of 5 day period) does this mean she has a lower amount of eggs or lower fertility based on having a 3.5 day period as her normal cycle? The reason I ask is as usually to hear 5day cycle written about so I'm trying to understand the correarion of this aspect on fertility or eggs
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
When I saw 3.5 days it means could be 3 days or 4 days but usually something in between.
Hi. Dr Hayat here ...As far as the periods are regular,  3 to r days of menstruation is normal and doesn't effect fertility. In an average 28-day menstrual cycle, ovulation typically occurs about 14 days before the start of the next menstrual period
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
OK, and usually how many eggs are there in each period?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Also, if I don't usually have periods pains or strains.. Eg I could go gym if wanted. Does this indicate anything about the health of fertility (as usually people complain periods give them pain)
Its one egg per cycle.

The second observation Has nothing to do with fertility 

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Also is there any weight in when people tell me, as I have no period pains, it means my labour would be more painful for me perhaps in that in not used to feeling any pain down there from periods. Is this true?

The opposite is true infact.  More menstrual pain can mean more labour pain...

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Oh wow. I'd always dreaded getting pregant as I thought it was the other way round (and im very sensitive to pain!)

Anything else I can help with?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
That's all thank you so much!
Pleasure.  Please feel free to contact if you have any further queries.  I would be happy to help and guide.  Have a nice day.