How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Hayat Your Own Question
Dr Hayat
Dr Hayat, Specialty Dr Internal and Critical Care Medicine
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 1063
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Hayat is online now

My daughter has been having issues regarding her menstrual

Customer Question

Hello my daughter has been having issues regarding her menstrual cycle! The issue is she’s been being sick and can’t keep anything down! Including water! I have spoken with a dr and they have prescribed anti inflammatory medicine but this can only be taken at the beginning of the cycle! I have tried favourite drinks water and even warm drinks just to get fluid into her! We have tried ice lollies too! Nothing stays down! I keep persisting now with water and very tiny amounts are going in so constantly making her drink which she is getting very frustrated by as nothing seems to work! What else can I do?
JA: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: No not really but in terms of what?
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My daughter has duplex kidney and pain in back and severe migraines
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 15 days ago.
Hi. Dr Hayat here..Welcome to JA..
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 15 days ago.

If the sickness is this bad then oral meds won't work.  You need to take her to a walk in center or urgent care centre for injection of anti sickness meds and assess her hydration status too ..

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No I get oral med don’t work so where are these centres?
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 15 days ago.
You will have to google them based on your location or call 111 and ask about them
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok thanks for your help
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 15 days ago.

Best wishes.  Please feel free to contact if you have any further queries or need to follow up.  I would be happy to help and guide.. Have a nice day.