How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Ben Your Own Question
Dr. Ben
Dr. Ben, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 1813
Experience:  GP Partner, practicing Medicine for 14 years. I have broad experience with special interests in Dermatology, Paediatrics, Sexual Health and Oncology.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Ben is online now

Please answer buemail not voice. Iam *86yrs and have ahd

This answer was rated:

Please answer buemail not voice . Iam *86yrs and have ahd bleeding from the front passage for a wk now ?
JA: Have you used any medication for bleeding?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about bleeding?
Customer: no
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no
Hello, thank you for trusting JustAnswer with your question. I’m Dr. Ben and I’m here to assist you today. Please allow me a few moments to review your question and I’ll be right back.

I’m sorry to hear about this problem.

I understand from your question that you are 86 and have had new vaginal bleeding for the last week.

In this situation, it is recommended to arrange a common internal examination of the vagina/womb via the Gynaecology clinic (a hysteroscopy). This will rule out causes such as overgrowth of the womb lining that might cause this type of (postmenopausal) bleeding and any necessary treatment can be arranged.

This is arranged through your GP (I suggest contacting them today) and will be done on a fast-track referral meaning that you will be seen and have this investigated within a 2 week time frame.

I hope this is helpful.

Is there anything else you would like to ask me?

Dr. Ben and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you