Dr. Ben
Dr. Ben, Doctor
Experience:  GP Partner, practicing Medicine for 14 years. I have broad experience with special interests in Dermatology, Paediatrics, Sexual Health and Oncology.
105673646

Please answer buemail not voice. Iam *86yrs and have ahd

Please answer buemail not voice . Iam *86yrs and have ahd bleeding from the front passage for a wk now ?
JA: Have you used any medication for bleeding?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about bleeding?
Customer: no
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no
Hello, thank you for trusting JustAnswer with your question. I’m Dr. Ben and I’m here to assist you today. Please allow me a few moments to review your question and I’ll be right back.

I’m sorry to hear about this problem.

I understand from your question that you are 86 and have had new vaginal bleeding for the last week.

In this situation, it is recommended to arrange a common internal examination of the vagina/womb via the Gynaecology clinic (a hysteroscopy). This will rule out causes such as overgrowth of the womb lining that might cause this type of (postmenopausal) bleeding and any necessary treatment can be arranged.

This is arranged through your GP (I suggest contacting them today) and will be done on a fast-track referral meaning that you will be seen and have this investigated within a 2 week time frame.

I hope this is helpful.

Is there anything else you would like to ask me?