Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

I had my period 2 weeks ago (a week early) since this Friday

Customer Question

I had my period 2 weeks ago (a week early) since this Friday just gone I've been having brown discharge and small pains. Is this normal?
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: The pain is more a dull pain but comes and goes and doesn't last long. My periods are usually regular give or take a couple days.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I regularly had brown at start and end of periods which I assumed was old blood. I had other stomach pains a month ago but put that down to constipation.
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 15 days ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for your question. I’m Dr. Gupta and I can help you today. I'll be back in a moment with my reply!
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Still waiting.....
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 15 days ago.

I can understand your concern,

A brown discharge is usually nothing to be worried about, it is just old dried blood, small pains, again, it could be normal,

Just wait and watch this out for th time being, unless you have worsening symptoms with increasing discharge, fever pain etc.

Does this help?

Warm regards

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
What other symptoms should I look out for? Is it normal for brown discharge after intercourse if its the first time since period?
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 15 days ago.

A brown discharge after intercourse is usually normal,

Check for worsening pain, rash, worsening discharge fever etc.

Warm regards

Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 14 days ago.

I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish, again my name is*****