Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

I HAD A MINI STROKE LAST MONDAY AND HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT My

Customer Question

I HAD A MINI STROKE LAST MONDAY AND HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT My corodic artery on the rightside of neck is 100% blocked one on left is60% blocked
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?
Customer: Keep dropping things from left hand
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: NHS say its unoperable as its totally blocked
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 15 days ago.

Hello, I am Dr. Nickols M. It's a pleasure to attend to your question.

Can you tell me your age?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi I am 71

Do you take any medication regularly?

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to serve you; I want to tell you that this type of situation is really delicate, and the problem is that if you intervene surgically, you run the risk that a thrombus of this material that obstructs the artery travels forming an embolus at the cerebral level causing a stroke, for this reason, it is essential to start thrombolytic agents, i.e., drugs that help to eliminate this obstruction, On the other hand, it is essential to keep in mind that if you have an increase in the signs of neurological focalization and if you feel the weakness you have in any of the arms or legs, you should go to the doctor as soon as possible because you will indeed require intravenous treatment to improve this situation. In short, what you have is a genuinely critical and challenging situation that must have a strict medical follow-up and requires multiple medications to help stabilize this situation.

I would like you to keep me updated on your situation, I am here to guide you and help you.