Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

I’m waiting on a outpatient appointment after a week in

I’m waiting on a outpatient appointment after a week in hospital with herniated bulging disc in c5 c6. The medication give me is not working for the pain. Tramadol 50mg and Asprin.
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: since 15th April 22. Hot shower helps. Moving head to the left in any angle or position makes it worse.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Plus a headache on rightside of head since then also.

Hello, I am Dr. Nickols M. It's a pleasure to attend to your question

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok

Can you tell me your age?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
44. I have a private physio appointment on next Tuesday

Is the pain stabbing, oppressive, or burning?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Burning stabbing pain

Does this pain spread elsewhere?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Lower spine,
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Feel like drunk on legs.

When did the pain start?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
April 15th 22

From 1 to 10 What number best describes your pain? Where 10 is excruciating.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
4 .5/6 when move neck

Does this pain get better with anything?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hot shower hot water bottle but not for long though 10 minutes

ok, please give me a moment

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Have had CT & MRI

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to serve you; I want to tell you that this type of situation today has a range of therapeutic possibilities as long as you have an excellent postural control is essential that you can use a medical collar or a soft collar at least 2 hours a day to improve the position of the cervical muscles remember that muscle contractures at the cervical level can cause compression of specific nerve endings that worsen the situation, you must start with cold and heat therapy placing 5 minutes of cold followed by 5 minutes of heat and with tramadol 50 mg every 12 hours and if there is a lot of pain you can take it every 8 hours you must also take into account that it may be necessary to start with posture reconditioning therapies commonly known as RPG as long as it is accompanied by physical therapy and proper rehabilitation with warm-up exercises and muscle conditioning which will satisfactorily improve this situation. Your primary health care physician may consider a referral to a specialist in physical therapy and rehabilitation to consider other therapeutic strategies such as electrostimulation therapy with tens and magnet therapy which are based on the placement of electrodes in the superficial region of the skin where there is more pain to send electrical impulses and thus desensitize the nerve endings that are affected. I would like you to keep me informed of your health situation; I will be happy to assist you and help you in any way I can.