Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBChB
111381268

I was wondering if I could have a private prescription for

Customer Question

I was wondering if I could have a private prescription for tranexamic acid for my prolonged bleeding
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I don’t take any medication and no allergies
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Hello I get prolonged periods and I usually get private prescriptions of tranexamic acid for my prolonged periods I came on my period an hour ago and was wondering if I can get a private prescription
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 6 days ago.

Good afternoon, thank you for getting in touch. Could you tell me a little more about what you'd like to discuss? I may take a few minutes to reply as dealing with other patients too, thank you

I'm really sorry to say we aren't permitted to prescribe from this service and I'd advise you to either visit your local walk in centre which doesn't need an appointment and they can give you a script or alternatively you could try one of the online services that is able to prescribe after a brief consultation such as pushdoctor.co.uk

I hope that helps somewhat and that you get the medication you need as soon as possible.