Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

I'm almost certain that a bat landed on my head, it could

Customer Question

I'm almost certain that a bat landed on my head, it could have brushed passed. It was dark can I couldn't see clearly. However I did see the bat fly away. I'm wondering if I should be concerned about rabbies or any similar disease? I went to the hospital after it happened, and they checked my head and couldn't see any signs of a bite or scratch, however they told me to wait for the doctor. Hours of waiting later, still no doctor, turns out i was in a 6 hour long queue, so I decided to go home (it was 2am and I want prepared to wit all night). I live in the UK where rabbies is very rare, so wondering if I should be concerned about it?
JA: What are all your symptoms? Have you talked to a doctor about the disease?
Customer: I have a slight headache and I little dehydrated, but sure if thats related to bat for if I have not drunk enough today. I've worked a 9hr shift.
JA: Got it. What did you discuss at your last visit to the doctor?
Customer: I said bout the bat on my head, they looked at my head and told me to wait. the Doctor was busy for hours and I never saw them.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: nope
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 15 days ago.

Hello, I am Dr. Nickols M. It's a pleasure to attend to your question.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
hello :)

Can you tell me your age?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
21 years old

Do you take any medication regularly?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
nope

can you tell me your gender?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
male

please give me a moment

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
thats ok
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
is everything ok?

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to serve you; I want to tell you that you have absolutely nothing to worry about if you do not have any injury to the scalp and have not generated any physical damage or bleeding; I think that what you may be experiencing at this time is an episode of anxiety due to the high workload that you have had during the week and also states of dehydration can also produce situations of this type, for this reason, it is essential to drink at least 3 to 4 liters of water per day which will help considerably to maintain a good distribution of fluids in the body and to avoid imbalances in the electrolyte balance of essential substances in the body such as sodium, potassium, and chlorine.

I would like you to keep me informed of your health situation; I will be happy to assist you and guide you in everything you can.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
thank you so much!! I will keep you up to date. Is there any symptoms I should keep an eye out for?

Yo are welcome. Yes, of course, among the warning signs are incapacitating headaches, general malaise, general malaise, general malaise, fever with body temperature over 38 degrees Celsius.