Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

My husband, whose d.o. is 6.11.38 has today experienced

My husband, whose d.o.b is 6.11.38 has today experienced urinary frequency but tonight he has found blood in his urine. At present he is on Pravastatin 10mg, Rivaroxaban 20mg and Furosemide 40mg. With the frequency we had decided to cut down his diuretic but since the blood has appeared in his urine we are more concerned. Please advise.
JA: How long has your husband been using Furosemide? Has it helped at all?
Customer: Probably since end of last year (Dec 2nd maybe)
JA: Got it. Has he seen a doctor about this blood?
Customer: Just checking diary. February I think.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in his medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Previous blood clot to the lung after knee surgery. Under Cardiologist at Royal Sussex for ? leaking valve. Gout - takes Colchicine when necessary. The Furosemide was for when his leg and foot swelled. Cardiologist passed John as fitter but as his leg was swollen the diuretic was prescribed.

Hi! I am Dr Saleem. Welcome to JA.
Thank you for the question. I will be answering your query shortly.

I understand your concern.

Is there a burning sensation as well?

Any fevers?

Have you noticed any bruises on the skin?

Is he taking Rivaroxaban for atrial fibrillation?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No burning, no fever, no bruises of note. Rivaroxaban was following a clot in his right calf.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I would just like some advice tonight

Alright. The blood in urine could be due to Rivaroxaban which is a blood thinner but it would be prudent to see a doctor for an examination and some blood work. If you're able to see your doctor within 48 hours then it's okay otherwise your husband would have to visit the A&E to get further evaluation.

A stone and urinary tract infection can also cause blood in urine but further testing is needed to reach definitive diagnosis.

Please let me know if you have any other queries. Thanks.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Many thanks, ***** ***** call the surgery first thing in the morning.

My pleasure.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
16/05/2022 The day after our consultation I arranged a telephone appt with the GP at Moatfield Surgery. Dr Jhaffar rang and felt that this could well be a urine infection and prescribed an antibiotic (Trimethoprim 200mg - 7 day course). He felt that if blood still occurred in the urine after the course was finished that we should call him again for further tests. Thank you for your assistance in this matter we are very grateful.

I wish your husband an early recovery. It's a pleasure talking to you.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
By for now

:)