Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

I had a painful tiny lump under my armpit between the 3rd

Customer Question

Hello I had a painful tiny lump under my armpit between the 3rd till the 6th of May, the pain has gone but the lump is still there
JA: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?
Customer: I noticed it on the 5th but there was pain initially before it appeared
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: nothing else
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 14 days ago.

Hello, I am Dr. Nickols M. It's a pleasure to attend to your question.

Can you send me a photo?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It’s not visible but I can feel it

Do you take any medication regularly?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No just painkillers when I have my periods
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
cetirizen when my hives flare up. ( not offen)
Customer: replied 14 days ago.

plese give me a moment

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Okay no problem
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hey doctor do you have an idea

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to be able to attend you at this time I want to tell you that it is very likely that what you are experiencing is a condition called adenomegaly, which is the inflammation of structures called lymph nodes, which belong to the lymphatic system which is normally responsible for eliminating toxins from our body, this type of structures are usually inflamed when there are infectious processes in evolution with the possibility of being with a considerable increase in size even after the infectious process disappears, the treatment should be performed with paracetamol every 8 hours for 2 or 3 days taking into account as a fundamental alarm guideline that there should be no inflammation, pain, irritation, pus or discharge, because if so it will require antibiotic treatment at the time.