Zee J
Zee J,
Experience:  Expert
113630574

I recently in November got off birth control the pill as it

hello ,
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I recently in November got off birth control the pill as it was causing weight gain , and ever since that I never got my period back it’s been over 6 months now without a period
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: No, and before the pill they were kind of irregular, then on pill monthly and now without the pill no period
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No that’s it :)

Hello and thanks for your question. I’d be pleased to assist you. Kindly answer following questions for further advice:

Age? Male or female?

Past medical history?

Any medicines using?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
FemaleNo medical historyNo medication

Please stay with me

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I originally thought maybe my body needed time to adjust coming off the pill , and that’s why I haven’t gotten my period but it’s not been about 7 months and still nothing . A doctor once told me I may have PCOS but I never got officially diagnosed
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Age : 20

I am here now

I think it could be PCOS related

so this is the right time now to get investigations

In order to diagnose what is going on either PCOS or not you need to have blood tests and ultrasound scan

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
okay will do, I had blood tests once for it already and confirmed a hormonedisbalance then my doctor suggested the birth control pill to help regulate it but I rather not be on any sort of birth control currently and am wondering if theres other options then birth control to being back periods
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I never had a ultrasound scan for it but blood tests yes

Blood and Hormone tests required:

1. Full blood count
  2. Liver function tests
  3. Kidney function tests
  4. Thyroid function tests
  5. ESR & CRP
  6. FSH & LH
  7. Estradiol
  8. Prolactin
  9. Testosterone levels 9AM fasting
  10. 17 hydroxyprogesterone 

Plus Ultrasound scan

These tests and scan would help understanding what is the problem so that further treatment plan would be advised

R u still there?

Do you have any further questions???

I am still here

Please do let me know if you have any further questions I would be happy to answer and discuss

Best of luck