Dr Ahmad
Dr Ahmad,
Experience:  Expert
116987717

I was wondering if I could confirm if I have beginning

I was wondering if I could confirm if I have beginning stages of Alopecia?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Not yet, I currently on a daily basis take Biotin, Fibre Capsules and Vitamin C pills
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I often workout and lead a very active lifestyle, ever since the past summer, I had scalp sensitivity and tenderness to the touch.

Hi welcome to JA. May I ask your age and any other past medical history?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi, thanks for the reply. I'm 24 and in overall never any specific conditions or past issues.

and where exactly are you experiencing hair loss. Have you got a picture you can post?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
At first due to my natural hair texture I believe it would be my curls being very coiled, but lately since the scalp has been very tense on that area, I've been trying to pay attention to see if something was off, the hair is much thin on that spot but, I'm not sure if something is happening?
is there any family history. You say the scalp is tender? Does it come up with bumps or excessive dandruff?

are you going through any specific stressful situation in your life?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I'd say not anymore, my previous workplace was very problematic and it started to clash with my university due the amount of hours I was doing. I've quit for almost a year and at the moment everything seems alright, in the current workplace and Uni.

It could be related to stress so approaching community behavioural therapy and well being services (your workplace may have these) may benefit. Other than this multivitamins and zinc play a crucial role in hair growth and strength and these can be bought over the counter (alongside minoxidil which is a medication to treat hair loss as a further resort). Hope that helps and if it gets worse please visit your GP so he can assess your scalp better and may consider referral to a dermatologist.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ah alright, thanks a lot for your attention and help, I really appreciate it! Have a good one

No problem. Wish you all the best.