Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
19706630

I woke yesterday with an extremely painful ankle which I

I woke yesterday with an extremely painful ankle which I cannot walk on. I have had gout in both of my big toes in the past and this appears to be very similar. I had colchicine in the past. It worked after a fashion but better than Ibrupofen. I am on ibprufen, slow reliese morphine and ora morph for arthritic conditions in my shoulders, knees and back. I am also on about 7 more types of medication.The pain is still extremely painful. I cannot walk on it at all. I cannot get through to my GP as all lines are busy. Any suggestions?
JA: When did you start using colchicine? How severe were any side effects?
Customer: I started taking Colchicine about 5 years ago when required. I did have diarrhoea quite badly but found that if i used the Colchicine for only 2 days then this seemed to help. I then would use Ibprofen
JA: Got it. Have you used anything besides colchicine for this?
Customer: Only Ibprofen
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am on about 10 repeat medications. apart from the painkillers
Hi. I’m Dr. Mark. I’m a board certified physician and happy to assist you with your pain.  Please give me a few minutes to respond.  Thanks

The current guidelines are to treat acute gout with steroids.  Such as prednisone.  This is by prescription.   Acute gout is common in the ankle and as you had gout before I can assume that it’s another attack. We are not allowed to prescribe medication on this site.  Your gp can do so or a telemedicine site.  I’ll get you some telemedicine sites that you can call for a prescription now.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
thankyou

You need tapering doses of,prednisone or a medrol dose pack.  Do you have any questions or need clarification?

My pleasure to assist you.  Let me know if you need additional information.  Feel better.

Here’s another.

https://www.simplyhealth.co.uk/health-plans/simplyhealth-plan-level-1/online-doctor?att=ppc5963&https://servedby.flashtalking.com/click/1/132659;4955391;50126;211;0/?ft_width=1&ft_height=1&gdpr=$%7BGDPR%7D&gdpr_consent=$%7BGDPR_CONSENT_78%7D&gdpr_pd=$%7BGDPR_PD%7D&us_privacy=$%7BUS_PRIVACY%7D&url=28783963&gclid=Cj0KCQjw4PKTBhD8ARIsAHChzRLAEQp7AZ5IMvSSyjVtkFYhbQ4pFBJHKSnfYf7qWz9KjlqgWRwV-voaArMrEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds