Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

I’m 19 years old. For the past 3 months I’ve started to get

Hi there, I’m 19 years old. For the past 3 months I’ve started to get air hunger/shortness of breath. It’d come and go. But this week, 4 days ago I’ve started to feel it more. I feel like I can’t breathe in enough air. I do have asthma when I was a child, but it went away. I have slight chest pain, and runny nose. My chest feels like “empty”
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I do not smoke
Thank you for contacting Just Answer

I am sorry to hear, have you been to have this assessed yet?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
no

So with these symptoms I would start by seeing a doctor in person for an examination. So someone can listen to your chest, check your peak flow, saturations and consider an X-ray.

It is more likely related to your asthma and therefore they may also suggest trial of an inhaler to see if it helps.

What would be useful is a diary prior to this, for example to make a note of when you have the symptoms and if they are in relation to exertion or not.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
it won’t be anything serious like pneumonia or myeloma sorry I’m a hypochondriac

If it was a chest infection then you would have a cough which was productive. It is however possible to have a infection that only causes mild symptoms like you describe. But either way, that is what an examination would help establish.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Okay thank u!

That is my pleasure, take care