Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

I have a swelling above my knee cap and another swelling on

I have a swelling above my knee cap and another swelling on my heel. I got blood tests done and full blood count is normal, no diabetes, no rheumatoid arthritis. I have applied ice pack and taken ibuprofen, the swelling subsided and but has not gone. It is uncomfortable(but tolerable)to walk, and when I sit or squat my knee pains a lot at the swelling area. The issue is also with only my left leg, and my rigth leg is completely fine. What can this be and what should I do?
Thank you for contacting Just Answer

I am sorry to hear. How long have you had this swelling?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi there. Thank you. It is 1 month since this swelling on both knee cap and heel

Thanks, ***** ***** a blood test done for this?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
My GP advised to get the blood test done, as she wants to analyse. So I got it done 2 weeks back. Am now waiting for the hospital to book ultrasound test. This wil take 2-3 weeks more to get appointment
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
But I was not happy with how slowly they are proceeding with this issue. I want this to be cured, hence contacted justanswer

No problem, did they examine you?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
the GP examined it and then said to get blood tests done. Am still waiting for her to get back to me. But medical system is very slow here. I am scared the condition may get worse by the time they come back

This sounds muscular skeletal and therefore more likely a form of bursa causing it.

I am uncertain as to the benefit of having blood tests for this unless they were questioning a septic joint but clearly not rheumatoid in origin.

I would suggest that you see a physiotherapist

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you so much. Let me check if I can get one

Thank you, ***** ***** my pleasure, all the best