How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 62932
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now

My husband carried out 2 tests for the bacteria Helicobacter

This answer was rated:

My husband carried out 2 tests for the bacteria Helicobacter Pylori and he was positive. He was given anitbiotics but he didn't read one pack properly and only took one twice a day instead of x 2 twice a day. He has been tested again and his blood test is still positive. He has contacted the GP again, who was reluctant to give another course of antibiotics and said that he probably will need a camera down into his stomach and when he asked what else it could be they mentioned cancer. As he suffers badly with anxiety about getting cancer (suffered thinking that any ailment is cancer until proven otherwise) he is now unable to think of anything else. What I am trying to find out is if we can pay for further tests that could reassure him that he does not have cancer. Can you help me?
JA: Has your husband used antibiotics or anything similar before?
Customer: Only the antibiotics that he was given recently. (Two different kinds and omaperolze ...can't spell it)
JA: Got it. Has he used anything besides antibiotics for this?
Customer: Just those ant acids off the counter and more ompareolzeo
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in his medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Just got severe anxiety about his health after losing his dad (not to cancer) and mum to MND. Thinks he will get something very serious all the time

Welcome to Just Answer.

Answers here are for education and information.

I will respond shortly with an answer or further information request.

Thanks for the question.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 3-5 minutes.

Unless you wish to speak in person, you can ignore the request for a phone call automatically generated by the website, not by me.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you

You may go to a private gastroenterologist for an upper HI endoscopy.

The following measures also would be helpful:

1) antacids; Maalox/Tums

2) acid blocker; Lansoprazole

3) losing weight if overweight.

4) avoid alcohol, citrus fruits, juices, chocolate, and tomato-based products

5) avoid large meals. Eat 5 small meals in a day.

6) wait three hours after the meal before you sleep.

7) elevate the head end of the bed by 8 inches.

I hope his symptoms resolve soon.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.
Thanks for using JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
How can I get a referral for the private endoscopy?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
My husband has tried all of the other measures and is still having symptoms

You do not need a referral and you may seek a direct appointment with a private gastroenterologist.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
How do I source this? Is it Bupa?
Where can I find a place to book in for this?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have now found someone thank you

You can search for private gastroenterologist in your area and get an appointment directly.

Dr. Arun Phophalia and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you