Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I have burning pain on my left hip which causes pain in my

I have burning pain on my left hip which causes pain in my hip joint and the left side of my body. Pins and needles on my foot leg and upto the left side of my body
JA: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?
Customer: How much is consultation
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes I'm experiencing other discomfort pulling or pressure on my chest. I have had this problem for over a year now

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

What is your age and gender?

How long have you been having these symptoms?

Have you seen a doctor for this? Any tests done?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I'm 53 years old female
Yes I have seen a doctor for this
He ordered MRI lower back and head results were normal but I'm still experiencing pins and needles pain on rhe left side of my body sometimes twitches and cramps on my leg.

I have accepted your call request, I will call you after ten minutes

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok thanks

You do not need to be concerned about this.

The pelvic pain and bleeding is likely to be due to the menopause and will be corrected by HRT, the Ultrasound will also help in diagnosis in this.

The tingling and pins and needles in the hips, legs and tongue is due to paresthesia.

There are various ways to treat Paresthesias. You should take the following steps at home:

Have a lot of electrolyte fluids like Gatorade.

Vitamin supplements: take Vitamin B and Vitamin E supplements which are available at all pharmacies.

Avoid smoking, cut down on alcohol, cut down on caffeine

High fiber diet -vegetables, fruits, non processed meat and fish - be sure to take nutritious diet

Avoid fatty fried foods

Maintaining regular bowel movements at fixed time

Regular hours of sleep

Regular exercise - take 30 minutes of walk 5 times a week.

Treating stress and depression: if you are having any stress and depression you should discuss this with your doctor. See your Family Physician / Primary care physician and ask about stress/depression which can set off this health anxiety. Anti anxiety medicines will benefit you greatly - ask for them.You can also ask for a salivary stress test which will determine the cortisol levels which can determine your level of stress. Such stress tests can also be done as a home test - look it up.

If these steps do not help, you need to consult your doctor for this if your symptoms persist. Medicines like Gabapentin and Lyrica are given for this, discuss this with your doctor.

But generally these steps are sufficient in most cases.