Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I have a ct calcium score of 28. Small pkagues lin LAD. When

I have a ct calcium score of 28 . Small pkagues lin LAD. When do i repeat tge score
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes adviced life style changex and statins
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No . Do i need an angiogram as i have good exercise tolerance

Hi! I am Dr Saleem. Welcome to JA.
Thank you for the question. I will be answering your query shortly.

I understand your concern. The protocol may vary at different hospitals but as a general rule, repeat testing is not needed for people with score more than zero as it doesn't change the disease management. For people with a score of zero, we usually repeat the test after 5 years. Your score is not that high and your exercise tolerance is not bad either. Your doctor can hold the Angiography for now in my opinion. Risk reduction with blood thinners and statins would be appropriate here.

Please let me know if you have any other queries. Thanks.