Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

My right eye complete damaged. My left eye is highly myopic

My right eye complete damaged. My left eye is highly myopic (- 7.5) vision. Two times retina laser surgery done, now again retinal issues came up - I see hair like shades moving . I have diabetes and high BP. My job makes me to spend more time with computer and mobile phones. Please advise me - what should i do now? Is retina replacement possible?
JA: How long have you had myopia? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: Myopia since last 35 years. No medicine .
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about myopia?
Customer: Yes, recently met. He advised me to change profession. Stop using computers and phones. Prescribed for change of my glasses and a eye drop.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I lost my right eye while I was eight years old by the hit of an arrow. I also can't fix my eyeball while looking to someone - beacuse of weak nerves.

Hello, I am Dr. Nickols M. It's a pleasure to attend to your question.

Hello, I am Dr. Nickols M. It's a pleasure to attend to your question

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
hello, doctor!
Can you tell me your age?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
please send me written response.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
i am 58.

The call is an automatic offer from the system, we can continue via chat 

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
i don't find your response.

please give me a moment

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to serve you; I am very sorry for the health situation you have been experiencing with everything you tell me. I understand that this can generate a significant level of stress and anxiety, so I will try to guide you properly in this regard. I want to tell you that there is no transplant or replacement of the retina since it is a nerve layer in the eyeball that fulfills specific functions of transmission of visual nerve impulses so that the brain can interpret them as such and thus generate a vision, those spots you see in the eye are known as myodesopsias or walking flies and are usually the product of retinal fragments that have been detached remaining free in the vitreous humor which is like a liquid that maintains eye pressure, As you may already know, LED devices such as cell phones and televisions emit a blue light that emulates the ultraviolet rays of the sun, which can not only produce essential alterations in the circadian rhythm that controls the sleep-wake cycle but can also produce alterations in the circadian rhythm that controls the sleep-wake cycle. This is why it is always recommended to try to lower the brightness as much as possible and use blue light filters. It is also essential to keep in mind that for every hour spent at the computer or on the phone screen, 15 minutes of rest is recommended, keeping the visual field on the horizon. Here, we insist that the patient should increase the time spent in open spaces and leisure activities; all this, together with proper lubrication of the eye, should improve this situation.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Many thanks, ***** ***** M, for your right and valuable advice. This is what I wnated.

You are welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with?