Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

Does this sound like brain cancer? I get very anxious over

Does this sound like brain cancer? I get very anxious over my health.About three years ago I got these very sharp headaches behind my left eye. They would attack me for about 10 minutes then go away again. This would happen a few times a day. The doctor said to wait for a couple weeks, and they did go away. Every few months ever since I get the same pattern, very sharp pain behind the same eye for about 10 minutes, a few times a day, for about two weeks, then nothing again for a few months. There was little point in taking pain relief since by the time it kicks in the pain is gone, however I noticed that if I take either nurofen or paracetamol preventatively every few hours through the day I get no headaches. I'm currently around two weeks into my latest batch of headaches, the previous batch was about 3-4 months ago.There is no congestion associated with it, and it does seem to hurt more when I bend forwards. Sometimes wakes me up in the night (if I haven't taken pain relief before bed).They haven't become more frequent or more painful over the past three years, which makes me think it's nothing too sinister, but would be good to get a doctors opinion.Thanks

Welcome to Just Answer.

Answers here are for education and information.

I will respond shortly with an answer or further information request.

What are your age and gender?

What are the investigations done?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Im 33, Male, no investigations have been done since they normally clear up before any appointment is made, and I just move on and hope they don't come back! But they normally do after a few months

Thanks for the further information.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 3-5 minutes.

Unless you wish to speak in person, you can ignore the request for a phone call automatically generated by the website, not by me.

It is not a brain tumor. It is likely migraines.

You may try following with your present medications;

1) Biofeedback,
2) cognitive-behavioral therapy
3) relaxation therapy
4) Occipital nerve stimulators
5) herb Butterbur (Petasites hybridus)
6) herb, feverfew,
7) Riboflavin (vitamin B2), used in higher doses (200-400 mg) for 3-4 months,
8) Acupuncture
9) Acupressure

Please feel free for your follow-up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.