Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

Sleep problems worsened by taking nytol. Are there any

Sleep problems worsened by taking nytol. Are there any better solutions
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Sleep issues
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes i have seen a doctor about an ongoing anxiety disorder that i had taken nytol to help me sleep however it affected my sleep pattern behaviours.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: I have had this health condition for a number of years. I tend to worry a lot and struggle to stay focused
Hello, I am Dr Nickols M, It s a pleasure to attend to you

Can you tell me your age?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Im 26 years old

Do you take any medication regularly?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
i take anti depressants called mitrazapine they are to help with ongoing anxiety

Ok, please give me a moment

Dear customer, this is an online consultation site, I can provide you with all the information you need Dear client, it is a pleasure to serve you, valuing your intervention I want to tell you that first we must know the causes of insomnia before starting a treatment, it is essential that you keep in mind that diphenhydramine is really an antihistamine that has a sedative action but its real mechanism of action is for allergic rhinitis allergies or similar clinical pictures, in your case it may be necessary apart from looking for the cause to study the possibility of controlling triggers such as stress, anxiety and worry that you may have experienced for some time ago, weeks, months or years, months or years, then it may be necessary to start with a specific medication for insomnia such as melatonin 3 mg tablet 1 tablet two hours before bedtime for a month taking effect 5 or 7 days after beginning treatment with melatonin, When melatonin does not work and even the control of the causal agent does not have any defect it is likely that your primary health care physician will refer you to a specialist in the area of psychology so that through cognitive behavioral therapies help you to improve this situation, it may also be necessary to start with another type of treatment such as clonazepam but these medications require a prescription.

It is also essential to increase the release of certain substances in the brain that are commonly known as neurotransmitters of pleasure, such as endorphins and catecholamines that help to establish a state of well being, improve blood perfusion to different parts of the body and produce muscle relaxation and for this reason, we insist on physical exercise of at least 30 minutes of walking per day as recommended by the American Heart Association, an improvement in the diet by reducing bread, flour, carbohydrates and fats and the increase of time spent in open spaces or recreational activities.

I would like you to keep me informed of your health situation; I will be happy to assist you and guide you in any way.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thankyou for the information
You are welcome , Is there anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I also need extra support regarding a recent berevement that has heightened the anxiety and sleep issues i would appreciate any useful websites or contact numbers
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
your previous answer has helped me identify some treatment options

I'm glad it was useful to you, you could buy that information with your primary health care doctor. Have an excellent evening !