Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

Low back pain and hematuria for over 2weeks despite

HI, low back pain and hematuria for over 2weeks despite antibiotics and painkillers
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: no injuries no stresses, sudden severe pain, minor comfort with heat
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no thank you

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

What is your age and gender?

How long have you been having these symptoms?

Have you seen a doctor for this? Any tests done?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
age 55, symptoms 2 weeks, gp not available so I went at the emergency treatment where they only conducted urine test which revealed blood, they prescribed antibiotics but the pain is stronger now 3 days after medication

Thank you for your reply. Please hold on while I type out your answer. This can take a few minutes as we often have our offline work to deal with and also sometimes a number of customers at the same time.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
ok

The symptoms of pain in the in the back region going down to the groin are very suggestive of either renal or ureteric stones, or ureterolithiasis. These are commonly accompanied by uti, and may also have haematuria, or blood in the urine. Since the pain has persisted after antibiotics this is very likely. In general, ureteric stones cause sharp colicky pain from the flanks to the scrotum which comes and goes and is very severe, kidney stones would give you a more generalised and aching pain from the flanks to the scrotum which is constant and dull.

You should consult your doctor and have an Ultrasound done to confirm this. Your doctor can also prescribe analgesics and antispasmodics for this. In the meantime, you should drink lots of water to help it to pass along.

Hope this resolves your query. If you need more help, just write back here so l can continue to assist. Stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti