Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

I'm looking for a neurologist with knowledge or interest in

I'm looking for a neurologist with knowledge or interest in long covid please..
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes they suggested this no medication for brain problems just minerals and supplements
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Escitalopram atorastatin lorazepam folicacid amatriptyline
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No just I've had long covid mainly neuro for 2years

Hello, I am Dr. Nickols M. It's a pleasure to attend to your question.

The system will offer you a premium service call which has an additional charge to the initial cost of the consultation, but it is not necessary. We can continue through this chat without any problem.

Can you tell me your age?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
67

What symptoms do you have?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Dizzy sick brain fog tinnitus head pressure ache plus vertigo like symptoms, conscious seizures

From 1 to 10 What number best describes your pain? Where 10 is excruciating.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
9

Does this pain get better with anything?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No but my fight or flight is permanently on and lorazepam calms this a little, but addictive so not good plan

Is the pain stabbing, oppressive or burning?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Oppressive but permanently alarmed and nervous system alert noise sensitive
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Do you have knowledge of long covid

please give me a moment

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to serve you, I am very sorry for the health situation you have been experiencing with everything you tell me I understand that this can significantly affect your quality of life so I will try to guide you properly in this regard, I want to tell you that these signs and symptoms you are experiencing should be attended in person by a doctor who can perform a thorough physical examination from the neurological point of view to determine what is happening, it is essential that you take into account the possibility of starting antivertiginous drugs such as betahistine in 10 mg tablets 1 tablet every 12 hours for four to six weeks which will help improve the symptoms of dizziness and vertigo but this does not mean that you do not require a physical examination by your primary health care physician with the subsequent analysis and specific studies such as a cranial tomography which helps us to rule out neuromuscular alterations at the brain level that may be triggering these symptoms you have, also if you come to present vomiting may be necessary to start treatment with metoclopramide every 8 hours for 12 days and maintain good hydration as dehydration symptoms can produce symptoms such as those you are experiencing at this time, it is also essential to perform a measurement of vital signs including blood pressure, heart rate, respiratory rate, oxygen saturation, body temperature and capillary glycemia levels are part of this, all this will help us to obtain a more accurate diagnosis to provide a more timely treatment, anyway I would like you to tell me about the evolution in the coming days, I will be happy to assist you and guide you in everything I can.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.

you are welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Is the betahist ok to take long term as the ENT consultant said best not to use them as the brain will then not do what it should?

It all depends on the actual diagnosis and the evolution of the patient. Treatment with betahistine is usually prolonged.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have brain inflammation

hi Dear, a thorough physical examination should be performed from the neurological point of view as I mentioned above, and a CT scan should be performed to at least confirm this diagnosis.