Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

Please can someone advise. I live in an old house and during

Please can someone advise. I live in an old house and during the course of living here have had decorators in who have been painting the walls and woodwork and in the course of that work finely sanding down the surfaces as one does before painting. I’ve only now just read about the possibility of lead paint and the dangers and now I am worried. I have no evidence we have lead paint here just that our house is old. I am worried for my 12 year old son. Should I get him and myself a blood test to test for lead levels or am I over reacting by worrying so much? Can the body naturally detoxify itself from lead over time?
Hello, I am Dr Nickols M, It is a pleasure to attend to you
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hello.

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to serve you; I want to tell you that if you have not had any signs or symptoms, there is nothing to worry about. You can be calm and about your question; if you can perform blood tests to detect the presence of lead, this is something you should talk to your primary health care physician, which will indicate the relevant analysis studies. But I want you to be reassured that if you have not presented any symptoms there is nothing to worry about.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok many thanks.
You are very welcome, is there any thing else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No that’s all. Many thanks.
Regards.