How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Ben Your Own Question
Dr. Ben
Dr. Ben, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 1811
Experience:  GP Partner, practicing Medicine for 14 years. I have broad experience with special interests in Dermatology, Paediatrics, Sexual Health and Oncology.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Ben is online now

I need help. feeling mentally drained, depressed all the

This answer was rated:

hello. i need help. feeling mentally drained, depressed all the time, last half of year at work has been so exhausting mentally, dont know what to do
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: about a year, ahvent spoken to anyone about it
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i am also pregnant
Hello, thank you for trusting JustAnswer with your question. I’m Dr. Ben and I’m here to assist you today. Please allow me a few moments to review your question and I’ll be right back.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 11 days ago.

I’m very sorry to hear about this.

These are common feelings consistent with depression and it will be important to access help in order to start and support your recovery.

I would suggest discussing this with both your GP and midwife. Often there is a specialist mental health midwife and/or perinatal mental health service that can be accessed.

There are several potential management options including help/support, lifestyle and wellbeing changes, talking treatments, medications. All these can be discussed with you to create the plan you want.

Usually some form of psychological therapy is very helpful as part of this though, and it might be possible to get this process going sooner by self-referral (not available in all regions though, some still require GP referral) - try searching “IAPT [your location]” to learn more about the local arrangements for this.

There is good self-help information here to use in the meantime too:

I hope this is helpful.

Is there anything else you would like to ask me?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
thank you, ***** ***** help. I would like to sign off myself from work, i get anxiety only thinking about it, that environment is not ok for any human being... cannot go back there

Of course, that seems sensible.

You can self-certify for the first 7 days and following that will require a ‘fit note’ from your GP, so try to organise an appointment with next week.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
will do. thank you!
You’re very welcome, all the best.

Thank you again for trusting JustAnswer with your question. If you have any additional concerns, or need me to clarify anything, please let me know and I am happy to help.

Dr. Ben and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
thank you very much