Zee J
Zee J,
Experience:  Expert
113630574

I have bad sun damage to my scalp i had freezing done about

i have bad sun damage to my scalp i had freezing done about 10 times over 2years but it dose not gow away canyou help Felix
JA: What are all your symptoms? Are you taking any medication?
Customer: i have dry patches all over my scalp and not on medication for sun damage just freezing
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about this?
Customer: yes and she sent me to the nurse to get the freezing done but it is still coming back
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: i do not think so

Hello and thanks for your question. I’d be pleased to assist you. Kindly answer following questions for further advice:

Age? Male or female?

Past medical history?

Any medicines using?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
i am male and 80 years old i had a stent put in about 8 years ago for a heart attact and take asprine atenelon &raprinerall

There are many options for treatment however all of them are cosmetic

So you had cryotherapy treatment

Liquid nitrogen cryotherapy as first-line therapy (freezing) for sun damage lesions

There are other techniques that could be helpful

Do a procedure to remove the lesion– This involves using special tools to scrape and burn or "cauterize" it off.

Give you a strong cream or gel to put on the lesions – The medicine in the cream or gel can get rid of the AK. If you have an area of skin with several spots, the doctor might tell you to put cream or gel on that whole area.

●Remove with a strong chemical

Do therapy with lights – In this treatment, a doctor puts cream on the skin. This makes it sensitive to a special kind of light. Then, they shine the special light on the skin.

I would recommend following 2 procedures

1. Chemical peels — A chemical peel is a procedure in which a topically applied wounding agent creates smooth, rejuvenated skin by way of a wound repair process, collagen remodeling, and exfoliation.
  2. Laser resurfacing — The use of ablative laser resurfacing with carbon dioxide (CO2) and erbium:yttrium aluminum garnet (Er:YAG) lasers and nonablative fractional lasers has been reported good results

Creams recommended are:

1. Topical fluorouracil 5%
  2. Topical fluorouracil 5% plus calcipotriol (calcipotriene) 0.005%
  3. Imiquimod is an alternative to topical fluorouracil for the treatment

Are you still there??

Do you have any further questions???

I am still here

Please do let me know if you have any further questions I would be happy to answer

Best of luck